MOVA has partnered with the US Dept of Veteran Affairs Acquisition Academy (VAAA) and the Wounded Warrior Project to host the Warriors to Workforce (W2W) Hiring Fair. This event will offer disabled veterans the opportunity to participate in professional development workshops and connect with federal agencies.
Who: Veterans that identify with at least 1 of the following criteria
- Served during a war or are in receipt of a campaign badge for service in a campaign or expedition; OR
- are a disabled veteran, OR
- are in receipt of an Armed Forces Service Medal (includes the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal)for participation in a military operation, OR
- a recently separated veteran (within 3 years of discharge), AND
- separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge).
- ETS from Active Duty within 4 months or currently in the process of medical discharge from Active Duty.
What: The Warriors to Workforce (W2W) Program offers eligible Veterans an opportunity to transition into a new career in the Federal government by applying their military skills and experiences to the Contract Specialist field. The program focuses on transitional support, mentoring, professional development, and foundational career training activities. Participants complete the program as a cohort, fortified by a built-in support system that mirrors the team environment and camaraderie that they experienced in the military. After successful completion of the program, participants advance to the two-year Acquisition Intern Program (AIP) which equips them with the skills and experiences they need to become full-time Contract Specialists. Through the W2W and AIP programs, Veterans are taught in-demand skills and competencies which allows them to continue serving their country as civil servants.