Friday, September 20, 2013
You may be eligible for a grant to make improvements to your home!
Permitted uses include:
- Accessibility improvements are a priority
- Kitchen and bathroom upgrades, including new appliances
- Electrical, plumbing, HVAC improvements
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Roof repairs
- Expenses such as taxes and utilities are NOT eligible
- Grants are up to $5,000.
- Multiple bids for repairs are required, including detailed scope of work and timeline
- Before and after photos of property are required
- Must reside in DC metropolitan area.
Please contact Brenda Hall at [email protected] with your contact information...a limited number of grants are available.
Please be prepared to answer these questions:
- Have you served in US military? (Dates of Service)
- Do you consider yourself low- to moderate-income?
- What was your 2012 income?
- Do you own your house or apartment?
- Current on your mortgage for the past two years?
- Current on your real estate taxes for last two years?
- Do you intend to reside in your home for five years or more?
- Do you or any member of your family work for The Home Depot or Home Depot Foundation?